Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Measuring Stick

I was wondering when this would start. It's inevitable, I think. I'm reading my weekly "Your Baby" email and see:

"Your baby may be strong enough now to do mini-pushups, lifting her head and chest off the ground for a better view. To encourage her, try placing her on her stomach on a play mat for short periods of time every day. You'll be surprised at how quickly she learns to raise her upper body to see what's going on around her."

...and my first thought is oh no, Button has no interest or ability at ALL to do mini-push ups! My child is developmentally behind!

It's true. We try to put her on her stomach for "tummy time." It just pisses her off. She can't push up and doesn't see the need to. She cries and looks at us like, "You idiots, did I look like I WANTED to do a face plant in the carpet??? Now stand me up so I can tell the baby in the mirror all about it."

She loves to practice standing, so my only solace is to hope that she'll just skip crawling all together and go straight to walking. My child isn't developmentally deficient, she's a GENIUS. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home