Monday, November 14, 2005

Twilight Zone

It's fascinating how babies can completely defy the laws of nature, day in and day out.

For instance, how is it physically possible for someone so small to produce so much laundry? Blankets, bibs, onsies, gowns, booties, sheets, cloths, towels...I have been trying for a week and a half to get some of our clothes washed, but can't seem to get it done because of the neverending pile of baby laundry that needs washing, folding and putting away. I once thought there was no possible way we could go through the 2,021 blankets and onesies we have for her, but alas...I was wrong. Our washer seems to be in constant cycle.

And have you ever noticed that the amount of waste product expelled by a baby seems largely disproportional to the amount of nutrition taken in? Where does it all come from??? I wonder the same when she spits up approximately half a gallon of white gooey stuff, when I have just witnessed the fact that she only drank 3 oz of milk. Isn't there some scientific law that says you can't produce something out of nothing? Obviously they haven't tested it on infants.

And how is it that even though she sleeps 16 hours a day, I still can't find the time to get things done? Where does the time go?

What is this 6th sense that KNOWS, no matter how deeply asleep she appears, the exact moment when I have stopped rocking her and placed her in the crib...and then insists that she WAKE UP? And that she be DECIDEDLY UNHAPPY ABOUT IT. WHY??? WHY???

And why does she have to be SO DARN CUTE that half the time after I've spent an hour trying to get her to go to sleep so I can get things done, once she drifts off I find myself unable to put her down and sit staring at her little nose and chin for unreasonable periods of time.

Sometime today I will find time to brush my teeth, and take this ridiculous bun out of my hair so I can dry it. Sometime. But in the meantime, just so you know, she's adorable when she sleeps with her mouth open.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM , Blogger Jane Dark said...

Hee. At some point, can I invite you over to Phantom Scribbler's blog? I recommend checking it out on Wednesdays, especially, as there is a contest called Wednesday Whining; and I'm not saying you're whiny, but babies, while adorable, can be a lot of work, and whining is more fun when you can do it with other people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home