Friday, February 18, 2005

Announcements

Today is the day that the parents find out they're going to be grandparents. We mailed a package to J's parents that had matching Mariners T-shirts in Mens, Womens, and Baby size. The package is scheduled to be delivered at 7:00 tonight so we'll probably be getting a phone call sometime around then.
We have the same set-up for my parents (except they're Rangers T-shirts) and hopefully will get to deliver the goods and the news tonight, but are unsure because by some irritating coincidence, this is the busiest week of my parents' lives. Dad has been out of town all week on business and they both have activities and committments scheduled over the weekend. So we're hoping they will be available for dinner tonight when he gets in, since it looks like he's going to cancel one of his previous arrangements. But it's tough to say "hey, we need you guys to set aside some time together so we can tell you something VERY IMPORTANT" without giving away the surprise. Especially since my mom asks me if I'm pregnant every time I eat a banana and a pickle within half an hour of each other.
So we're stuck with "hey, are you guys available for dinner, just because, since we haven't seen you all week?" Doesn't exactly inspire "drop everything and go" action, but what can you do.
This has been a very news-filled week. In addition to finding out that our family is growing, two of my closest friends got engaged. One is having a family-only wedding in April, so I don't have to worry about that, but my best friend wants to get married in August. Translate as "my best friend wants to get married when I'm round, fat and grumpy." WHY???
And have you seen the available maternity brides maid dresses? UGH. I hope I don't have to take a black sharpie to all her wedding pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home