Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Surprise

I broke the news to J at dinner. Here he was expecting a nice quiet dinner out. BU-WHA-HA-HA-HA! I gave him a bag that contained a pooper-scooper*, a pair of infant booties with baseball puffs on the toes, and a book entitled "Father's First Year." He had that "deer in the headlights" look all night. He's so cute that way. But I think he's excited. He took it better than I did.
By that, I mean he didn't give himself a stomach ache by jumping up and down and screaming obsenities.
But I'm doing better. I thought it would really annoy me that everyone else is really excited about this news that is going to change my life much more drastically than it affects theirs... but now I find it kind of helps with the anxiety. For some reason I feel that if nobody else is contemplating hurling themselves off a building, perhaps it's not so neccessary afterall.
J is going to talk to his boss tomorrow to see if it's too late to add me to the insurance policy. He's got a really good plan, so it would be great to be on it. That, and the fact that there aren't any personal insurance plans in Texas that cover maternity, so it's pretty much company insurance or bust. I don't like the sound of bust.

*Evidently not everyone is aware that pregnant women aren't supposed to have contact with the litter box. Hence the pooper-scooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home