Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Guarded

I was thoroughly guarded last night. For some inexplicable reason, our fun-loving puppy (who will always be "puppy" to us, even though he reached adulthood over a year ago) was on orange-alert the ENTIRE night. No matter where I went, he followed and intently watched the door as if some monster was going to come in and attack us. He was up ALL NIGHT guarding the bedroom. He wasn't noisy or anything, but he was awake and watching the door the whole night while we slept. This is the same dog who doesn't wake up when you shove him half-way across the bed.
At about 4:30am he woke us up by growling at the door. We let him explore the house and he was totally spooked about it. Then he went back to the bedroom and continued to guard it for the rest of the night, his little ears perked to full attention. Sometime between then and when the alarm went off this morning, he relaxed and seems to be ok now. Weird.

And he wouldn't come back inside this morning when I let him out before I left for work, which consequently made me late. He ALWAYS comes inside when you call him, at worst when you offer him a treat. But no, he had no intention of stepping foot back into the house. I eventually had to resort to dangling the leash in front of him. I hate doing that because he LIVES to go on walks and I feel like such a SCUM BAG for tricking him into coming inside and then not taking him for a walk. You should have seen the wide-eyed look he gave me when I left. GUILT GUILT GUILT.

I was also late for work because I spent 20 minutes this morning looking for my keys. I should have been looking for my brain the whole time. Somehow, I managed to find them. In the trunk of my car. Thank goodness for the extra set of car keys J leaves on the counter. And for whatever prompted me to look in the TRUNK for my KEYS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home