Friday, May 27, 2005

Oh yeah, that blog thing

Haven't been very wordy recently. With Jamie gone to Europe (YES EUROPE - WITHOUT ME), I've been carrying both our shifts at work and things have been, needless to say, busier than normal. In addition to working for two, this was the first week back after our national conference, which automatically denotes extra time-filling things to do and more distributor activity. And on top of that, the holiday weekend is coming up so today we're closing early (YAY) and we're closed Monday, so there will be plenty of backed up work waiting for me when I get in on Tuesday...which of course is a short day for me on account of a Dr.'s Appointment. Basically, I've been running around with scarcely time to breathe this week at work.

And loving every minute of it.

Not that I don't miss Jamie, I do. But being so busy all the time has been fabulous. Although it has left me with little to no time to do some things I'm accustomed to doing during the downtime at work...like write in my blog. Hence the silence over the past week.

I also have not had time to respond to emails and phone messages the way I would like. Little one-liners here and there to the mortgage broker are about all I've been able to manage. Speaking of mortgage though, looks like we'll be getting our beloved house afterall. And possibly a new roof, but we won't know about that for a few more days. We're shooting toward a closing date of June 10, which I know will be here faster than we can say "TOO MANY BOXES."

Ah, the one part of moving that I wish would just disappear. The actual MOVING part. Packing, stacking, moving, unpacking, and looking for all those things you desperately need that somehow ended up in one of the Miscellaneous boxes but you have no idea which one.

The amount of personal property we own gets drastically reduced every time we move. If we can't remember the last time we used it, it gets tossed. If we can't find an appropriate box to put it in, it gets tossed. If we figure we could get along without running to the store to replace it, it gets tossed (even sometimes if we know we will have to replace it and just don't like the look of it). Anything to cut down on the number of boxes we haul from one location to another. Oh, and if we haven't unpacked it since the last time we moved, yeah, it gets tossed.

June is going to be a very busy month. Between working, moving, painting (as soon as we know what color to paint the nursury, which we will hopefully find out at the Dr. Appt. on TUESDAY!!!), planning a bridal shower for my best friend, and the general myriad of other things life throws our way, we think the month will pass relatively quickly.

Kind of like this week has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home