Monday, February 28, 2005

Birthday Blues

I haven't been hungry in 3 days. I suppose it stems from the fact that things are kind of shifting around down there and maybe Mr. Tummy just doesn't have as much room to expand, but quite frankly - especially for someone who looks forward to food as one of the highlights of the day - it just sucks.

Ordinarily this would not really be a problem except that this weekend was my birthday, which means all weekend people are shoving delicious food and desserts toward me in large quantities. And I have guilt and resentment toward my stomach for not being able to...stomach it.

Saturday was lunch at Red Robin and dinner at the aunt & uncle's, where the course de jour was lots of ribs and large portions of other yummy edibles. And mint-chocolate-chip ice cream cake.

Sunday was dinner at The Melting Pot. Enough said. So I spent most of the weekend miserably uncomfortable and unable to do anything about it except eat more because, aside from the guilt, if I don't eat regularly my blood sugar goes down and then I get queasy (which I believe is what happend this morning and consequently why I was 2 hours late to work).

Getting some extra rest this morning has helped me with the fatigue issue, which also played a part this weekend. I think I probably take about 1.5-2 hours of naps per day now, which is unusual even for me. All in all, I'm really looking forward to getting past this first trimester thing.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger Stereoette said...

omg i even KNEW it was your birthday and forgot to send you a birthday card! argh!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home