Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Idol, Acne & Chocolate

Last night, J and I settled in for our Tuesday Night Tradition: Wings and American Idol. Lindsey Cardinale, it's time to say goodbye. I think we will shortly be forced to add House to the Tuesday Tradition list, as it has kept us glued to our seats for the second week in a row. Stupid addictive TV shows.

Unfortunately, I have discovered as of late that one of the symptoms of pregnancy is a change in appetite. As in, things that were always good before just aren't good anymore. And I think wings have fallen into that category. This is especially upsetting because I hate to spoil a good tradition. I gave it a valiant effort last night...but I think wings are officially out.

It's becoming painfully obvious that pregnancy has all sorts of "symptoms" that quite frankly, I could do without. I got an update email the other day about "5 embarassing pregancy symptoms: gas & bloating, constipation, hemorrhoids, yeast infections, and diarrhea."

OH GOODIE.

Of course, the article didn't mention acne, stretch marks, fat, cavities and tooth decay, and the myriad of other wonderful contributions of hormones and so forth.

Someone actually complimented me the other day on my skin. Apparently after I scrub, mask, exfoliate, tone, oil-free moisturize, slather on makeup, and style my hair so it covers as much of my face as possible, my skin looks decent to the casual observer. Who'd have thought?

It's times like this when I question God about why 9 months was entirely neccessary. I think tape worms have the right idea.

But that's probably a discussion for another philosophical blog and I'm not in the mood. Right now I just want some chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home