Friday, June 10, 2005

Walking on Sunshine

This week is on par to go down in history as one of the best weeks of my entire life.

Jamie came back from Europe to a busier office and some of the things that I had been wondering how in the world I would find the time to do. So they were shifted over to her department, which ended up working great for everybody. So nice to have her back!

I heard from several friends this week that I had been out of touch with for many moons, so to speak. I love renewed contacts.

I asked for AND GOT a raise at work. AND found out that they will be paying me for a full month of maternity leave (very uncommon!) so that eases a lot of tension over how we were going to survive that time financially.

I found the themed accessories I was looking for to decorate our nursery with. I knew I wanted a jungle theme, but everything I saw was either too cartoony or too dark/real/scary for a nursery. And finally the clouds parted and revealed the perfect set:



We closed on our fabulous house today! Our final walk-through last night was incredible. The woman we purchased the house from is more than slightly on the obsessive-compulsive neat-freak side, which makes this transition all the easier on us. The house sparkles like nobody's ever lived there. I kid you not, she scrubbed the garage floor and cleaned out the garage door panels (and all the metal bars on the inside) with bleach.

She even left us several extras, like shower curtain liners, a stroller, and an elliptical exercise machine! Oh, and she's leaving the electricity in her name until Monday so we will have power over the weekend, since the stupid electrical company simply could not set up our account until Monday despite repeated requests and messages from us.

And she called up the alarm company and informed them that they had to give us the same "special rate" she was getting or we wouldn't continue the contract. So we're getting the 3-year contract rate without the 3-year contract!

We couldn't have asked for a better seller to work with. And when we showed up at closing today, out monthly payments ended up being less than we were expecting because we had gotten a lower interest rate than we were originally quoted. Too cool.

So, we're getting a great house at a great price with a great loan and it comes with great accessories from a great seller who seems to be going out of her way to make the process better for us. I am so tempted to break out into a chorus of "I've Got Rhythm." Who could ask for anything more???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home