Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Thumb Things to Review

Thumbs Up: Dyson Vacuum. Love it. Took it over to clean up the old house and had to empty the canister 3 times from all the crap that thing picked up that our other vacuum left behind. Our previous vacuum went through a bag once every few moths. Now we know why - OLD VACUUM DIDN'T WORK.

Thumbs Down: Satin Sheets. Ok, I have always wanted satin sheets (always, meaning since I discovered them at Bed Bath & Beyond when shopping for dorm room accessories my freshman year of college). Finally bought a set as a housewarming gift for myself and J. BAD CHOICE for several reasons:
  • They are noisy. Shifting around at night causes enough "russle russle" to wake up any sleeping indiviudal in the room, the dog and the neighbors 3 doors down.
  • They don't let your skin breath. Which means they will keep you warm when your room is cold, but it's not the cozy warm of cotton sheets. It's the skin-suffocating warm that makes you sweat if you don't leave half your body out of the sheets.
  • They are too slippery. Try to sit on the bed and find yourself abuptly landing on the floor. Lay your head on the pillow and it slips out from underneath you. Open your mouth to yawn and all the covers slide off onto the floor. And I'm fairly convinced that this slip-n-slide business is the reason for the neck injury that kept me home from work yesterday. Because the pillow won't stay under your head, your neck has to compensate all night to keep it there. Consequently, I woke up and couldn't turn my head in any direction all day. Last night I slept without a pillow and that seemed to help. At least I can drive today.
  • They are expensive. I don't mind spending money for good sheets, but it really really irks me to spend a lot of money on sheets I (and my neck) would have been better off without. So in summary, save yourself the trouble and stick with the higher thread count cotton sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home